Sunday, October 4, 2009

Passion

"A great leader's courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position."-John Maxwell
This is usually what I think when I think of passion. It's one thing to play a piece, but it's another thing to give life to a piece. And you can't give life to something you don't care about. The whole reason I am becoming a teacher in music is because I have a passion for music as well as passion to share what I have learned. When I listen to music, perform, or teach music, I feel emotion rising and moving. I can't help feeling melancholy or really happy when I hear music. Certain songs also have meaning behind them to a certain person. I play Clair de Lune all the time on the piano because my grandfather loved that song. Without the passion, the enthusiasm there is no class to teach. No student wants to sit in a class a listen to someone who doesn't want to be there and is not in love with what they do. It's a waste of their time and teachers time.

No comments:

Post a Comment